CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'M PREGNANT!!! IN-VITRO WORKED!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM ACTUALLY SAYING I AM PREGNANT! THOSE 3 WORDS MAY SEEM SIMPLE TO MOST...BUT TO ME...IT'S WHAT I FEEL GOD HAS PUT ME ON THIS EARTH TO DO...BE A MOTHER.


Monday, March 23rd, is declared a new holiday in the Key household. :)

Ryan & I went in Monday morning at 8:30 for me to get my Beta HCG & Progesterone checked. Before we left, my wonderful nurse Lee Ann stopped us to let me know they would call me around lunch with my results! She asked me how I had been feeling (the past 11 days since embryo transfer). I told her I had been feeling icky after eating & cramping...but, that I knew the medicine was "telling" my body it was pregnant (even if it wasn't)...so I didn't think it meant I was really pregnant. She then told me that the medicine doesn't make you feel sick....yes it prepares my body internally for pregnancy but that's all. So...Ryan & I just looked at each other like Oh! My! we might really be pregnant! My nurse said well we will just wait & see. Then Ryan & I walked out of the office & Ryan says, "Can we sit down for a minute?" So we sat back down in the lobby & didn't say a word..until Ryan finally asked me.."what are you thinking about?" I said, "how many times I have been nauseous this past week!" He then decided he was ready to go now..BUT as we are riding up the escalator he starts dry heaving! :) If you know my husband a little bit at all..you will find it very funny that he dry heaves a lot... and not because he's sick! This time it was because he was nervous!!! :) I just started laughing...causing him to laugh too!


Once we left the Dr's office we immediately decided we needed to find something to occupy our time for the next 3-4 hours. And work was not an option! :-) So...Ryan being the "eater" that he is decided we would go through the Hardees drive thru so he could get gravy biscuits. All I wanted was an orange juice for some random reason...b/c I never drink it even though I DO like it. Well.. who would of thought Hardees would be out of orange juice at 9:30 in the morning! I just had to mention that...how funny! So..nothing for me. Then we stopped by the house so Ryan could take some work stuff along with him in case a client called. While we were there I measured our T.V. den so we could go look at sectionals to pass the time. From there we went to Mazer to look for that couch w/ no luck! Then, Ryan decided we should go use his giftcard to S&K..so we went & bought him 2 suits! Next he took me to Starbucks for a half caff(half the caffeine) tall, latte. :) At this point we STILL had a couple hours. We decided to go to Ashley furniture. After staying there for a good long while...we bought a sectional!!!! (who would of thought we should of been buying a crib!) :) While doing all this shopping our mind was free of pregnant thoughts...but as soon as we would get in the car...ryan would say, " Man! I get all nervous when we stop shopping! I can't help but think about it!" At this point, it's lunch time! We decide to go to Zoe's! On our way over there I said, "oh I hope we find out I am pregnant before we finish eating b/c then I can go next door to Sew Precious (an adorable baby store) & buy something for MY KID instead of someone else's!!!! :) We order & sit outside so I could be sure to hear my phone ring. Ryan goes to the bathroom as we wait on our food & I set my phone on the table. Just as I did that... it rang!!!! I saw the 334 area code knowing it was my Dr. b/c the nurse told me he was in Montgomery that day. I answered the phone in the most unexcited, monotoned voice...which I know you can't imagine coming from my mouth! Dr. Bates said, "how are you today Kelly?" I said I am am good & he said, "Well, you should be..because you're pregnant!!!" I immediately started balling my eyes out & through my tears said, "are you serious?" He said, "I would not joke about something like that." At this point..I have my hands over my face, holding my phone, crying my eyes out & Ryan comes walking out! You can only imagine what he is thinking..oh crap! She's NOT pregnant! (again!) As soon as he walked thru that door outside & I saw that concerned look, I immediately said, "We're Pregnant!" and shoved the phone to him & said talk to Dr. Bates I can't quit crying!!! Ryan steps away from all the people sitting outside around us to talk to Dr. Bates. I just sit there by myself...smiling my head off...but balling at the same time!!! People probably thought I was bipolar or something?! :) I finally got up & walked over to Ryan & asked to talk to Dr. Bates again. I said, "Dr. Bates if you were here right now...I would hug you!" He said, "well you're going to see me on Wednesday so you can hug me then." :) We got off the phone & Ryan & I just hugged. Then he said a prayer thanking God for answering EVERYONES prayers! And I mean everyone! From Utah to FL to GA..I could keep going! Amazing! It was to say the least... a moment I will NEVER forget & honestly didn't have much hope of ever thinking I would experience! Our food finally came & we chowed down while I called my Dad in Pensacola, Grandparents, Brother & his wife in Georgia & My sister & hubby in Utah. Ryan called his middle brother Chad & his grandparents. After that you can guess where we went next? Sew Precious!!! It was a completely different experience looking around knowing I could buy that stuff for Our Child. We did buy a picture frame for Ryan's mom that said "My Heart Belongs to Grandma." :) Of course I wanted to buy more..but we don't really know the sex of the baby(s) yet. :-) After leaving there we continued calling family & friends then made our way to tell Ashley Seng Williams & little Jakey in person..but she wasn't at home. :-( So...Ryan called Rick to tell him over the phone & that way we could also find out were Brooke was. :) She was headed home from school so that's where we went next. She didn't hear or see us pull up. I rang the doorbell & stood as close to the door as possible. She looked out & barely saw me..but instantly knew what I was there for! I yelled I AM PREGNANT...and we just hugged & cried forever!!!! (she is just one of my many friends who has dealt with my emotional roller coasters through this whole 4 year battle.) We had a lot to cry about! I had struggled this whole time when having to hear someone is pregnant, to be around someone pregnant, to go to a baby shower! And everyone(who is so considerate) around you, who would avoid talking about babies...IT IS ALL OVER!!!! That can definitely bring tears to the eyes of many who have been by our side. Once we left Brooke we headed out to Trussville to tell Ryan's parents. Yes they knew we were finding out on this day but since they had heard nothing & it was 4:00..they assumed that meant bad news. Luckily with the help of Ryan's brother, Chad, we were able to still suprise them. When they've waited this long for this news...it was bound to be a surprise. Chad arrived before us so he could occupy them in the living room. Meanwhile we do a little mission impossible & park alongside the house, go under the deck, crawl around the sunroom & military crawl into the garage! Once in there we took deep breaths..that got us a little winded...and we walked in quietly. They didn't even realize we were there until Mama Key turned towards us. As soon as she did I yelled, "We're Pregnant!!!!" She immediately took this deeeeeeep breath ran & hugged Ryan as Butchly hugged me, & we just cried, yelled & smiled!!! Jared & Chad were both there so it was a family occasion...we were just missing Christi (Chad's wifey). After it all settled in & we told the story of our day...then while the guys grilled out dinner Mama Key took me to Kolhs to find a shirt that would let people know I was pregnant. We ended up finding one that said, "Baby, Love, Happiness" on it(that's the white shirt I have on in the pic below)...but she didn't stop there! :-) We also got a maternity shirt that is so cute & a few of the things you see below! We are prepared whether it's a boy or girl or twins! :)


"Cute but messy just like daddy" that's what the bib says in case you can't read it! :-) That is very appropriate! Believe me! :) Ryan cannot eat a meal without spilling something on himself!

I had no idea Ryan was making these faces! I dunno what I was laughing at?! Probably my father-in-law, Butchley!


After we left the In-Laws we headed to church for the 2nd night of our gospel meeting. It was announced that we were pregnant...& I promise you people starting clapping...just slightly enough to barely hear... :) but then I guess they realized the quiet setting of church that they were in! :-) When they announced it I was overjoyed to finally be that girl at church who is pregnant! Luckily no one else at our congregation has struggled with infertility...so we have lot's of babies & still more to come. It was surreal to hear our names as the ones pregnant..as silly as that may sound! What was weird was when they did announce it & a little pit formed in my stomach as I thought, " oh I hope no one here is currently struggling to get pregnant!" I know how hard it has been for me to hear the next person that's pregnant besides me. To cry during church because you can't get it out of your mind. To avoid social gatherings because you would rather be secluded...I say all this not to get pity...but I know infertile women read my blog & I want them to know I have been there..and they are not crazy for feeling the same way! No people can't put their life on hold b/c I can't handle their news...so you just learn to cope!

Once we left church, I immediately got back on the phone to continue my "I'm Pregnant" calls! This kept on until 11:30pm by the way! We pulled up in the driveway & saw our mailbox as you see below!

Then our front porch as you see below!


And this bouquet of Tulips (my favorite flower) on our porch railing.

And in my mailbox came a special delivery all the way from Washington, D.C. from my childhood (& current) best friend, Lori Beth Presley-Walker! These adorable stackable blocks that spell out pray. I told her I will always look at those blocks & remember the prayers that were lifted up on our behalf to have a baby. And you better believe this baby will know what prayer is early on! :-) What timing for the pray blocks!!! I just love them!
So Ryans reaction when we pulled up was, "WOW!" And I started balling my eyes out AGAIN...saying, "I have the bestest friends in the whole world Ryan!!!" When I went to the mailbox there was card outside of it from my co-worker, Katie & her 3 week new husband :-) Cali Calhan. WE JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE THEY SNUCK OVER & DID ALL THAT DECORATION! I had talked to Katie on our way out to the In-Laws & once she got off the phone she told her hubby & said, "I wanna' do something for them!" Cali suggested going & decorating our house! (what a sweet couple!) You better believe we left those decorations up until Wednesday when it rained! The beautiful bouquet of my favorites, Tulips, came all the way from Winston-Salem, NC!!! From my college roommate, Kiera Todd-Keen, her hubby David & 6 month old Tyler! Those flowers are still on my dining room table! :) Later the next day, I came home from work & found this cute little message on our front door! We honestly still don't know who did it? We think it might have been one of our sweet neighbors. How cute though!

Well that ends Our In-Vitro Journey!!! We are so blessed to have each of you in our lives, whether we see you often or only through the computer...thank you for your prayers!!!
God is good!
~Kel & Ryan

19 comments:

The Farm said...

wow Kelly, what an amazing journey!!! The Farm loves the Keys and we can't wait to meet this baby (s)! You will continue to be in my prayers! Love ya sista!

amy logan mcpherson said...

i am so happy for you guys! thanks so much for sharing your journey. i'll continue to remember you in my prayers.

Abbie said...

God is so good! Congratulations Kelly and Ryan! I am so excited for you. I will keep you guys in my prayers

katie said...

congratulations!! i'm so happy for you!!

Teale said...

Congrats! My husband (Chad Yeilding) introduced me to your blog and I've been keeping up for a while... I don't know you personally but I'm so excited for you!

Alli said...

YAY!!!! I am so happy for y'all! I cried after reading that whole story--I can't imagine the emotional roller-coaster you've been on. Hopefuly, now that roller-coaster will just keep going up, up, and up--never coming down!

Motherhood is the best thing ever--nothing can compare to the love you have for your baby and that your baby eventually returns to you. (Man, I love me some little-boy hugs and kisses.) That love deepens all of your relationships in an unfathomable way. Congrats to you!! Keep us updated on the prego-journey.

~Rob and Alli De

nbarnes2 said...

AMAZING! brent walked in when i was halfway through reading it and i was balling so hard. he asked me what was wrong and no joke it took me a solid minute (which is a long time when somebody is asking a simple question) to answer b/c i couldn't quite find my breath. I'm so happy for you guys. when will you find out if it's baby or babies?

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Sooooo exciting! GOD is sooo good!

Priscilla Gray said...

Congratulations again!!!!! I know I heard the whole story Tuesday, but I still got SOOO excited and teary-eyed reading it all over again!! I still cannot imagine what you and Ryan are feeling!! We have continued praying for those babies (at least a boy so we can hook Abby up!!) and for you to be completely healthy throughout the entire pregnancy!! We love you both SOOOO much!!!!

Josh and LB said...

Geez, Your blog got me all emotional! :-) I am excited as ever! Can't wait to hear what it/they will be...girls or boys? I am just praying for a healthy baby/babies and mama!

Love you!

Unknown said...

I don't even know you, but I'm crying b/c I'm so happy reading this wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

Gibbons said...

I teared up reading this Kelly! I'm so happy for you and Ryan..You better let us know how the Wednesday visit goes!!Congrats again!!!

Abbie said...

Kelly,
So happy for you! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Tara said...

Hey Kelly... I don't know if you remember me but I went to middle school with you and Lori. I read her blog & Hannah Lucero's and I saw yours on there :) I have been praying for you since I saw Lori's blog a few weeks back and I'm thrilled for you! Your post made me cry!! Congrats to you and your hubby... can't wait to hear if it's one or two babies :)

Robyn said...

Congratulations! This is such a great story. I can't imagine your nerves waiting to find out! Oh, enjoy this time! You are pregnant! I just love saying it. You are in our prayers! We love you!

Chad said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. Thanks for sharing all of this with everyone. The blessings that God bestows upon us are truly unbelievable.

Ryan F. said...

Wow! I'm a week late, but better late than never. Congratulations!! Tell Ryan I know how he feels. When my wife first told me she was pregnant I got a real sick feeling in my stomach. I was very nervous like him, but you two will make great parents! Now, Kelly, you need to tell Ryan to come and go hiking with us. I promise if he goes to give him all the best fatherly advice I can fill his head with in 2 days!

Teri Armes said...

Kelly and Ryan,
I am so thrilled and excited for you guys. Unless you've been on the journey we've been on you don't really understand what it's like to get that news. I have said many prayers for you guys as you went through this process. Praise God! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD! Congratulations!! When's your next ultrasound? Best wishes as you start another incredible journey, pregnancy!

Kristen said...

I am so happy for you. I got goosebumps reading this blog. I know you guys have been trying for SO long. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Congratulations!!