CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Embryos are with their Mama now!!!

Today was the day I got my little embryos put inside me!!! Yay! I couldn't sleep lastnight so I probably got about 4 hours sleep before we had to be up at 5:45 AM!!! I had to take an antibiotic, 4 ibuprofen, 1 Xanax & the other 5 pills they have make taking day to day...along with 64 ounces of water before 7:30 AM. What a morning! We arrived at 7 & were taken back for me to get in my gown & Ryan to get into his scrubs, hat & mask. We were a purty pair to say the least. :-) They rolled me back to the operating room & this time I was completely aware of what was happening. Ryan sat at my head watching everything as I laid there with 4 Male doctors & 1 female nurse attending to this embryo transfer! That was a little awkward. :-) I was so anxious to see my little embryo babies!! But they informed me they stay next door in the lab until they are absolutely ready to insert them. So they had a ultrasound going on my tummy to find my cervix (which was a pain today for some reason...it was being stubborn the Dr. said). But luckily I had no physical pain! Yay! And one Dr. was pushing on my bladder which was excellent after 64oz. of water! :-) Once they were ready to send the embryos into my birth canal they called the embryologist to go get my lil' ones. And Wa La! I didn't even feel them going in...& that was it! They rolled me back to my recovery room where I was instructed to lay there, still for 30 minutes & I could not go to the bathroom YET! So Ryan & I took that opportunity to pray for our 2 little ones to attach to my uterus therefore making me pregnant. We have had faith in God throughout this whole process. Lot's & Lot's of prayers have been lifted up in our name from many of you & we appreciate that so so much. We know God has His hand in this & it may not be what we want but He know's what is best...and either way...pregnant or not...we will have to live with that.
Well...a few more details of our experience today! Dr. Bates said all my 7 embryos were still alive. So they picked the strongest two that would go into me. The other 5 will stay in the lab in their petry dish for 5-6 more days. Some will not make it that long & those will go on to Heaven to see their Heavenly Grandma "Barbie" Hinote. Any that do make it will then be frozen. We may have none in the freezer or we may have 5! We'll have to wait & see.
The two embryos that are in my uterus right now are pictured below!!! :-) Dr. Bates was so pleased with the these 2. He upped my chances of pregnancy from 50%-60% to 55%-60% !!! Yay..every little bit gives hope. This is the grading process for embryos: they get a letter & a number based on cells etc etc. The letter 'A' is perfect. But he said he hasn't seen an 'A' in 1 1/2 years. So it's not very common. Therefore in there book a 'B' is excellent!!! I do not remember the number grades but that was excellent too! The embryo on the right is a B!!! And the embryo on the left is a B minus!!! I was excited to hear they were so great! Because that betters your chances of becoming pregnant that's why he upped my success percentage! Yay!!!!
The form you see below is listing all my eggs that were retrieved..the embryos that formed etc.

They also were so cool to give me the home of two of my embryos!!!! It's just a plastic tray with 4 circles that hold them & a lid on top! Then that stays in the lab on a warming shelf. It's the craziest thing to Ryan & I to think they took part of me out...hung it out in a lab...formed human beings...and placed them back into my body! Thank you God for blessing those Dr.'s with the smarts to help us have a child!
So after we left the procedure this morning I went to accupuncture for the last time. Then Dr's orders were to go home & relax! No stress for those little one's. I watched 2 episodes of American Idol that I had DVR'd & finished a book I had been reading & started another book! :-) Oh! And I took a nap for like 1 1/2 hours!!! I would say that was a relaxing day! But it didn't end there! Our sweet best friends Brooke & Rick Williams insisted on bringing us dinner (b/c I didn't need to be up cooking...were Brooke's words!) :-) They brought the most excellent dinner of baked chicken, spinach cream cheese in squash, broccoli & cheese casserole, rice, bread, & fresh fruit for dessert!!! It was "scrum diddally umptious!"
I know you are all wondering when I'll know if I'm pregnant. I get that question all the time! :-) Just b/c they put two embryos in me does not make me automatically pregnant. Today & tomorrow if I am going to get pregnant that's when it will be. The embryos were placed directly in my uterus so all they need to do is attach to that uterin wall..therefore making me pregnant!!! The analogy the Dr. gave me was this...my embryos are two basketballs & my uterus is a football field...those embryos have a huge space to attach too! Let's pray they get comfy somewhere in there! :-) I will not do the traditional pregnancy test bought at the store (thank goodness..b/c never has one of those things told me I was pregnant...so I don't like those!) :-) I will go in for lab work in 15 days to determine if I am!
Let me speak for all infertile women...If I am not pregnant & you have a child or are pregnant I will probably go into hiding & not want to be around you. Please do not take offense to that...as a counselor said at my infertility support group, "to not be able to conceive is like grieving the loss of a child." It's the equivalent to me having a child who passed away. So...if that helps it make sense at all....try to understand that I am not trying to be mean.
Thanks for following our In-Vitro Journey...You have no idea the encouragement Ryan & I get from your comments on this blog, through facebook, email, texting, phone calls..etc.
We hope to share good news soon!
~KK & Rino

13 comments:

Dana said...

You are in my prayers. I have been keeping up with your blog even though I don't comment much. This will be the longest 15 days of your lives! I will be anxiously awaiting your results.

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

You are so brave. Not just for all you've been through, but for how you've handled it. Hang in there. Hopefully these 15 days will fly by! We'll be praying.

The Law Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Law Family said...

I have been following in your journey. It has been so interesting to hear. I will pray for you and Ryan and your little ones.

Kiera said...

That was so interesting, even though I knew those details, the pictures just make it seem so real. We are praying for all 4 of you!! I love you very much and hope you know I am here for you always. I can only imagine what you are feeling and totally understand the end of your blog and will be here when you can talk!! Love you sista and am so proud of you!! See you tonight!! ;)

nbarnes2 said...

your faith is so inspiring. i love to hear how you took that time to pray. so special. unfortunately 15 days sounds like an eternity to me but i suppose its only 15 days.

Priscilla Gray said...

I just want you to know that I love you and am praying for you tons - an haven't stopped for at least 3 1/2 years!! I also loved reading about you and Ryan praying for your 2 little ones to attach!! It is so exciting to think that you could be closer than ever before!! I am continuing to pray for you and Ryan!!

Josh and LB said...

My favorite part of your blog: when you and Ryan took the time to pray while you were waiting. Very awesome! Simply said...I am praying for you both and for these two little guys.

Also, I am glad you were upfront about your feelings toward the end of your blog....I would imagine that is only human and I think everyone knows you are not mean...at least to me you're not. If someone thinks that then tell them that your BF is gonna whip their tail. :-)

Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

hey cuz, i've been keeping up with you thru your blog and I'm keeping you guys in my prayers. I am amazed at your bravery and candidness. I love you guys and I'll will be anxiously awaiting your results. Love, Kim

Chad said...

Good luck with everything. We are keeping you guys in prayer.

Carrie said...

Mike and I are constantly praying for you guys! I hope you don't mind, but we added you to several congregations prayer lists in Georgia! Good luck with everything. Can't wait to find out how it went!!

Anonymous said...

My name is Connie..I am a friend of Carrie Johnson. My prayers are with you. I have 2 invitro children. My first was frozen my second was fresh. Your blog is beautiful and brought me to tears remembering those feelings and the wonder of it all. My children are now 15 and 11. I remember the waiting and the emotional rollercoaster. I will tell you it is worth it all. I know God is with you. I will pray hard for you and your husband the next 15 days.

Abbie said...

Hi Kelly! I don't know if you remember me from Faulkner, but I just found your blog through Carol Leah's blog. I had no idea yall were going through all of this. Ben and I too had fertility issues. I know how much of a strain it can put on you and how very painful it can be to watch everyone else around you get pregnant. You and Ryan will be in my prayers. And, believe me, I totally understand what you said about going into hiding. I did that for 2 years. You do what you need to do, it doesn't matter what other people think. Good luck and God bless you both!