CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

6 Weeks Pregnant...1st Ultrasound!!!

Well...I had to call my nurse last Monday to ask her how far along I am. :-) I knew things were different with In-Vitro patients...so instead of guessing I called & asked. As of last Monday, March 30th, I was 5 weeks pregnant. As of tomorrow, April 6th I'll be 6 weeks! Once I found out I was pregnant that Monday, March 23rd, they had me come in two more times that week for blood work. They wanted to continue checking my Beta HCG level. So the first time was 40 which meant YAY! I am pregnant! Then on Wed. it was 70, then on Friday it was 114.47. Since it increased as it should I didn't have to have anymore labs last week...Yay!!! But I did go in this past Friday for my 1st Ultrasound! They told me they just wanted to check for the sac to be sure it's in the uterus as it should be. And..it was! As you can see in the pic below there is a tiny, tiny, tiny, :-) black circle! That would be the "baby." :-) I asked the Dr. if there was even a speck in that circle & he so no..not really. BUT this Friday there should be a tiny something in there that we can see! Hopefully we can hear a little fluttering of the heart too!


This is just an enlarged view of the "baby" (black circle).

I think hearing or seeing something in there will convince me I am really pregnant. Thankfully I am not sick or crazy tired... so I don't really notice I am pregnant. I DO notice how hungry I am ALL the time! When I begin to get hungry I have a 10 minute time frame before I HAVE TO BE FED! My new friends are Welch's fruit snacks & South Beach Diet Peanut Butter Protein Bars! I keep them with me at all times now. My other not so new...but mor regular friend is my favorite mexican restaurant... Sabor Latino. If I am getting so hungry I start feeling light headed & nauscious then I rush to eat there b/c I know they'll feed me chips as soon as I walk in the door! :-) I also found another infertile friend there...so I passed on my blog address & contact info. I want to help as many women as possible with the struggle to conceive. It happens for a reason...and to help others may be that reason! So..gotta take advantage of it!
Well..My Ryan is doing great with the whole baby news. I don't think it's real for him yet either. He kisses my belly periodically & text me a lot that he loves me & our baby. :-) He's so precious! Ryan's not real fond of change..so I am currently warming him up to the idea that..without a doubt our office WILL be the nursery since it's closest to our bedroom & furthest from the noisy kitchen, laundry room, living room, etc. And warming him up to the fact that my 4 door, '95 Infinity which is really more like 2 door b/c there is no leg room...will not be a good everyday car for a carseat! :-) I LOVE MY CAR...but it will be better for daddy. :-) And his Jeep Cherokee SUV will be fantastic for ME! :-) It will hold me, the carseat, & friends! Perfect!!! I still have 9 months to convince him. :-)
On a horribly sad note...we found out FOR SURE this past Wednesday that my mother-in-law, Bev Key, does have cancer. :-( She has T-Rich, B Cell, Lymphoma. This is an uncommon one & is Non-Hodgkins. She is stage 3-4 & it's highly aggressive. She will begin chemo this week & have 6-8 sessions total over a 4 1/2 month period. She has been undergoing a lot of test to finally come to this diagnosis. Please keep her in your prayers as she deals with this battle that so many have to deal with these days. I am so glad to be able to give her a grandchild to look forward too! A bright spot at the end of the tunnel!
I'll post next weekend with more ultrasound pics!
~KK

















10 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Yay Baby! We are so happy for you guys. And, so sad for Mrs. Bev. We will keep ALL of you in our prayers.

Alli said...

Yippee!!!--for you and Ryan and Baby Key! Keep working on Ryan--it may take all 9 months to convince him of those changes :) I hate to hear about Mrs. Bev--your emotional roller coaster continues :( I bet the anticipation of little fingers and little toes will get her through this battle.

Robyn said...

We are so happy and prayerful for you guys. I love that first picture. I had early sonograms with both of the boys and that little sac is very familiar. So exciting.

Aunt Bev and the whole family are in our constant prayers. We love you guys.

Gibbons said...

I'm so excited everything is going as it should! This is such an exciting time.. I would love to be pregnant again because it is such a wonderful and amazing feeling! But..two is an handful right now:)haha.. Take care and eat as much as you can...your eating for two you know...lol

Ann McNeeley said...

This is so exciting. I am so excited about the new baby or babies you and Ryan are going to have. When do you think that you will know if there is one or more babies. I am so sorry to her about Mrs. Key. She will be in my prayers. At least she has something to look forward to. Let me know if you need anything.

Aunt Jan said...

I keep asking Bev about you. A picture is worth a thousand words! Glad you are feeling well. Love you all!

Gibbons said...

Hey! I was just wondering how things were going with yall! Keep us updated!

Unknown said...

You don't know me, but seeing your ultrasound pic at 6 weeks gives me a lot of hope. Just had my 6 week ultrasound on Nov 23rd and looked just like yours. We got pregnant on 2nd round of IVF. The staff at the clinic we go to said to come back for another ultrasound on Friday and did not seem very optimistic. Trying to stay positive and hopeful. Thankyou for sharing your ultrasound pics.
Diane

4D Ultrasounds said...

here I must say you should go for 4d ultrasounds

Reversal of Tubal Ligation said...

Every woman has the right to dream of a child. Tubal reversal allows a woman's ability to conceive naturally without any harm. Although tubal ligation is considered a permanent method of contraception, but then you think you're doing something wrong and you should not have a tubal ligation. But do not worry, about 90% of cases, the procedure can be reversed.